Friday, September 19, 2008

MISSION CALL!!!!!



Justin received his mission call yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. He had to go to work so he waited until last night to open it with the family. He was VERY anxious, needless to say. He waited for Grandma & Grandpa Hammer to get here then we got ready to open it. He was just sliding his finger under the flap when mom remembered the camera...just about killed him off with anticipation! But he was good for me & let me take a couple of pictures.

He is going to the Roseville, California mission, English speaking. He will report to the MTC December 17. He has a brand new mission President who is actually from the Salt Lake area. Elder L. Tom Perry's son was the former mission President.

Justin's mission is about 150 miles from end to end, we figure. It is a pretty area from Central to Northern California. The climate will be nice. Rain and possibly snow in the winter depending on where he is.

If you can't tell from the picture, Justin is EXCITED to say the least. He says his call feels right. He is anxious to get going and teach the gospel. We are so proud of him and his accomplishments & are happy that he has chosen to serve the Lord for the next 2 years. I have a feeling the next 3 months will go by super fast.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Diane your blog looks so great. Sorry I have not been on here for awhile. We are so proud of Justin also. What a great kid! You have done well with him and the rest of your kids. You really have a great family. The last time we were at your house, I know it been several years, but I remember thinking what a great mom you are. Watching you with the older kids was fun as they were heading out to do different activities. So be prepared I might need to call for some advice one day. Tell everyone Hello from us and Take Care.

Lisa said...

I happened upon your website by typo. Very cute and congrats on the eagle scout and mission call. You wonder how I miss spelled? I meant to type hamershappenings.blogspot.com. Funny.