Devin celebrated his 18th birthday in January. He got on a kick taking pics of himself, so I am going to share some of them with you...he's not going to like this, but I can't let his expertise go unnoticed. We have these & a few more I didn't post on the screen saver. They make me laugh!
Devin went to Boston the end of January. Most of you know already, but his trombone got driven over & mashed the first day he was there. Long story. It looked awful. He got a loaner to play while he was there. We had insurance on it so we took it in to get it fixed when he got home. They didn't do a very good job on it. We weren't too pleased with the way it looked & complained. After a change of heart, the company decided to replace the bell. Hooray! It looks almost new again. Much better than this:
Life has been busy for us the last couple of months (hmmmm, guess that's why I haven't been current here!) Kadin celebrated his 9th birthday in February. Another year older, and wiser? too!
Kadin has been studying rain forests in school. They are making a rain forest replica in his classroom. Each student chose an animal to study then make to put in it. He chose a reticulated python. We made one out of egg cartons. It ended up about 6 feet long. He liked it.
Kadin also earned his Wolf badge in Cub Scouts. It was awarded to him at the Blue & Gold banquet this month. Along with it he earned a gold and 3 silver Arrow Points. They didn't call mom up for him to pin her pin on, so we had him do it afterward so I could get a pic...he wouldn't pin it. Barely got him to stand next to me after I did it myself. We are proud of him & his accomplishments.
Kasey got her learner's driving permit last week...UGH!!! Now she is pestering me to take her driving. I don't know about this. My boys had driver's ed before I got in the car with them. This new law of getting a learner's when you turn 15 is rediculous. I'm not ready for this yet!
Justin is doing well. I hope you are all enjoying his letters. I know he likes receiving them from you.
I got a cool new camera for my birthday, but I haven't figured out how to get the pictures to download onto my blog yet. I will get the new software installed and give it a try. (UPDATE....figured it out! Pictures are posted!!)
To end on, I am sharing some more random pics we have taken the last couple of months. A lot are from Devin's Boston trip. Enjoy your March into spring...hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment